Inspired to Create


 When I’m severely stressed out, and feel my life is spinning out of control,  one of my favorite things to do is create something beautiful from recyclable materials, like cardboard, paper bags, toilet paper and paper towel paper rolls, old magazines, and newspapers. 

This Christmas although I’m more broke than usual, and I’m constantly under siege at work and at home, I didn’t let it stop me from creating with a vengeance. Call it D.I.Y. therapy or craft addiction I believe it helped me reach new heights and find a way to bridge the world I love with the one I’m compelled to live for survival.

The projects I’ve created so far:

1)  Magazine trees made out of old “Vanity Fair’s”.

2)  A magazine made out of old fashion magazines.

3)  Paper chains made out of magazine, perfume, samples, and free grocery store circulars.

4)  Swans made out of toilet paper rolls.

5)   An origami wreath made out of origami.

6)   Snowflakes made out of toilet paper and paper towel rolls.

7)  Cardboard Christmas tree abstract sculptures made out of all cardboard and toilet paper and paper towel rolls.

8)  Origami Christmas trees.

9)  Paper flower vase made out of toilet paper rolls and party straws.

10)  Paper flowers made out of brown paper bags and retro cocktail napkins.

11)  Two mixed media collages.

Comments

Popular Posts