I Did It and Survived



 Since we started working on-site again in education , following the COVID-19 lock-down, my life has hit a fewif you serious bumps. 

I’ve been forced to stand up for myself more than I should as an African-American, female, and person of a certain age living with SLE lupus on my job as a Special Education Instructional Assistant for a major  school district, and I’ve had to adjust to an ugly barrage of push back because I dared to realize one of my dreams and obtain my MA in Fashion Journalism online from “Academy Of Art University”.

Throughout all of this turmoil you’d  think I buckle and give up on my dreams? No, on the contrary, now that I’m on the other side of this unfair treatment, I realize I’ve come out ahead, added to my resume, improved my skill set and become a stronger person.

Comments

Popular Posts